Followers

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Mermaid 3

Time for another challenge over at

Challenge #36
No Patterned Paper

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, we would love to see you.  Why not pop on over to the IKEsART  store too :), Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

Oh I am in my element with this challenge as I find using bought design papers so very hard to work with and often end up not using the packs I have bought and making my own.  Now for this challenge I don'e even have to do that, no stress as to feeling guilty for not using the store bought papers either. Last week I had my first go at mixed media in what I think is the truest sense of the word for me.  I often use different mediums for colouring and then use lace etc on my creations but I don't tend to make textured background in the way I have here, tending to stick to my dies and layering.  Please be gently with me :) :) :) Ike has recently drawn the most awesome mermaid, a mixture of her beautiful female image which I love to bits and some fantasy thrown in there for good measure.  She is called Mermaid 3.

I started off colouring the image with my Faber Castell Polychromos
 Next, for the background I used one of the fish dies from the Joy Crafts Fishing Fun, waves from Lea'bilities Seashell l & Waves and Marianne Design Craftables Lavender.  Each of the die cuts were cut twice and the two pieces glued together for added depth.  I cut up some shell metal braiding I had and had a brain wave for the text :) :) Alphabet Pasta hahahahaha.  A little Flower Soft was also added and then it was time for a well earned coffee (to drink not paint with)!!!
 Out with the white acrylic paint and all the background was covered. I had, right at the start, placed the image on some stiff white card and you can see the white paint has made it lift away a wee bit but I think this will dry flat - fingers crossed.
 I so love using my Promarkers and airburshing and while hunting for my silver to use for a bit of final touch up I changed my mind on using regular Promarkers and opted instead for using three of the metallic ones.  Alas I could not find the silver, I think I must have killed it and thrown it out.  Better put that on my wish list for replacing :)
 Totally chuffed with this and just loving the pearl effect the Metallic Promarkers have given the background.
 Before placing the image on the book I am altering I added some lace to cover the spiral and also some on the right hand side too.
 And there we go - all done.
I did add strings of pearls to the top and bottom of the image and a spray of pearls over the Lavender die to finish off. To protect the image I gave it a couple of overcoats of acrylic spray.



Ingredients:-
  • Image - Mermaid 3 by IKEsART
  • Colouring medium - Faber Castell Polychromos and Metallic Promarkers
  • Dies - Joy Crafs Fishing Fun, waves from Lea'bilities Seashell l & Waves and Marianne Design Craftables Lavender
  • From my stash - lace, pearls, shells and Flower Soft
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

28 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! What a stunning creation! I saw it on the Crafty Catz blog and had to sneak over to say how much I LOVE it! Utterly gorgeous and how clever using the pasta letters! Truly genius. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning! Totally gorgeous thanks for joining our challenge at Crafty Calender hugs Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just knocks my socks off. The colouring on Mermaid is AWESOME and that page totally rocks !!! The alphabet spaghetti trick is genius !!!! Thanks for making such a gorgeous creation with my image Mimi :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Stunning and creative, I'm going to have to get a box of the alphabet noodles to play with. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

    Sue - HIMCR DT
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card and coloring
    thanks for playing with us at di's digi
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  6. me again
    thanks for playing with us at addicted to stamps
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, thanks for joining us at Mema's. Crafts. PennyRae DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mermaid and fabulous texture! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo . . . this is beautiful!! That image is really stunning and your background is fabulous!! Mixed Media terrifies me, but you've done such a great job. This beautiful notebook will definitely be treasured. Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Mimi. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely project - you color beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenges.
    ~ Bonnie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful journal. Love what you did with your image. The way you coloured her and the stunning background you created to showcase. Beautiful!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room.
    ♥ Lena – DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sunning. Absolutly gorgeous. Image suits perfect an backgraud is unique.

    LP, Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is beautiful! :)
    Thank you for joining in at MAWTT this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My! This is totally awesome, I love all the detail you have included and how there is a real feel of movement under the water and love the pasta wording what a fab idea, thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stunning creation, your colouring is gorgeous. Love, love, love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion and hope to see you again.
    Hugs, Sandy GDT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the idea you have used it is stunning, thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

    ReplyDelete
  18. just stunning! I love it!!
    Thanks for playing with us at addicted to stamps challenge
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  19. I fully admit I am jealous of this piece it's stunning. I love what you have done with the dies too I have the wave one too and now can't wait to have a play and not just stick it on.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!This is just an amazing piece.From the beautifully coloured image to how you built up and coloured everything around her.Your use of Alphabet Pasta is truly inspiring.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful... FABULOUS colouring and great attention to detail. Thanks for sharing in Di's Digi Designs "Include an Animal" challenge. Hope you can join in our latest challenge too Donna

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a fabulous project, such a beautiful image and pretty colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion.
    Pauline GDT
    x
    I have Birthday Candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this Jane. Super cute creation and wonderful colours. Love seeing all the details too.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion. Good luck.

    Lynn, CYP DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so lovely, a beautiful image so beautifully coloured and those ocean embellishments work perfectly. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting with an Attitude. Sue DT x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for sharing your talent and playing with us at Mema's Crafts. Good Luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful work, great detail. Thank you for sharing your project with us at Mema's Crafts; good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow...this is breath-taking! I saw your fantastic coloration and seeing you are TOP 3 at Addicted to stamps and had to look at you work! Amazing!!!!
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG wowsers this is just stunning... your colours are so pretty and your colouring... I only wish I was anywhere near as good as you are. STUNNING!! Thanks for playing along with us over at UYS - DT Shirl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi